My thoughts and condolences to the friends and family of Ania Mehring, who sadly lost her battle with cancer this month. Ania was the wife of Maciej Mehring, founder of the excellent Zoharum label based in Poland. Last year, I was invited to contribute an exclusive track to a special compilation benefitting Ania entitled "Where Words Fail, Music Speaks". I am proud to be among the many caring musicians who provided such beautiful music for her cause. Please visit the Bandcamp page here.
My 3rd box set entitled "Nature Laughs As Time Slips By" charted at #7 on Brainwashed's Boxed Sets of the Year list and #9 at Hyperallergic. There are two in-depth and insightful reviews posted at Santa Sangre and Teutonkhamat. A new interview has also been posted on the CLRVYNT website.
"Nature Laughs As Time Slips By" is available from Dais Records. For more details, please download the press release by clicking here. There is also a nice article and some sound samples here. The oil studies for the art edition, entitled "Portraits From The Violet-Blue House", can be viewed here: Group 1 / Group 2 / Group 3. The art edition is now sold out. Below is my video for the track "Garden Path" from the album "The Violet-Blue House":
Dais has also manufactured an enamel pin of my diamond Moon/Tree logo (limited to 100), as well as a limited edition T-shirt featuring my standard "flowing branches" Moon/Tree logo. I am not selling these items directly, so if you are interested in obtaining them, please click here and here.
Some nice moments in the troubling year of 2016:
1. Receiving a signed photo and kind letters from my childhood crushes, Carole Demas and Paula Janis. Some of you who grew up in the New York area between 1972-1984 might remember "The Magic Garden". This very special TV show is a cherished memory from my early childhood which inspired my imagination, my love of art, music and Nature. Carole and Paula are as kind and generous as they always seemed.
2. Listening to a mixed CDR of Windy & Carl (and Carl's solo work) while driving around the farmlands by the sea in late September through early October.
3. Listening to a mixed CDR of The Durutti Column on a rooftop under the stars at the Jersey Shore in late August. Watching the Ferris Wheel glowing and spinning in the distance, recalling beautiful memories, yearnings and being very aware of the bittersweet reality of the passing of time.
4. Swimming in the bay and biking through the back roads.
5. Enjoying a drink in the hammock in the evenings with my best friend...